The Business Solutions Team of HFG is active in improving processes, reports (KPIs), information systems and controls. It drives the development, implementation and integration of new solutions for business processes and as such contributes to the strategy of the company. In succession of one of our team members, HFG is in search of a Business Solutions Specialist (BSS), specifically for the disciplines finance and HRM.
The BSS is balancing between business responsibility and consultancy, bridging business processes and software applications, assisting the business organization with support and training, and translating risks, controls and opportunities into improvements.
The BSS is specifically experienced in the disciplines finance and HRM. For both disciplines, HFG is in the process of implementing a shared service centre. The transition within finance was mostly done conceptually but requires a lot of detailed smoothening. The transition within HRM has yet to mature, migrating from several decentralized ways of working in multiple software applications towards a best practice supported by HFG’s ERP application IFS.
The tasks of the Business Solutions Specialist will include but are not limited to the following:
- model and analyse business processes including related functions, roles, software applications, risks and controls, measurements and performance indicators;
- monitor if business activities are executed according the HFG management system and identify and analyse deviations in order to propose potential improvements;
- contributing to the company’s strategic roadmap by translating focus areas into specific improvement plans; these improvement plans can be either managed or supported by Business Solutions;
- specify functional requirements for software solutions supporting business processes;
- test delivered software solutions including patches and customizations against functional specifications and business scenario’s;
- configure, personalize and implement software applications including training material, reports, system roles, profiles and master data;
- provide guidance and training in business processes and software applications to (key) users during implementation as well as operation;
- communicate and collaborate with other team members, the business, ICT and as such arrange, lead and contribute to (mostly internal) meetings;
- explore useful trends in applicable markets, business operation and technology (applications) in project industry or specifically Offshore Oil & Gas or renewables.
- pro-active (strategic view) and able to see the big picture (conceptual view)
- empathic (social skills)
- team player, bridge builder
- enjoys challenges and takes ownership
- able to think outside the box
- flexible and willing to travel
The ideal candidate is in possession of a relevant Master or Bachelor degree and does have experience with:
- continuous improvement processes (LEAN) / business process modelling;
- finance and HR processes (minimum of 5 years);
- IFS configuration, implementation and support (minimum of 5 years);
- project industry, preferable in offshore Oil & Gas / Renewables;
- information management and master data management principles;
Besides that, you have:
- excellent presentation skills;
- project management skills.
- excellent computer skills;
- excellent communication skills in the Dutch and English language.
a challenging role in a dynamic organization.